Meditation and sound healing are both ancient disciplines going back thousands of years and have been recorded in many cultures and traditions across the world.
The practices of sound healing and meditation are becoming increasingly popular again across the globe, as these techniques are known to enhance physical and mental health, as well as the overall wellbeing of adults and children of all ages.
Through meditation and sound children learn that it is okay to be whoever they are and feel whatever they feel. These ancient techniques foster self-acceptance, build confidence, and enhance the feeling of empowerment. Research also reasons that because children’s brains are innately more malleable than adults, it is plausible that meditation will lead to long-lasting positive effects (Waters 2015).
Sound healing and meditation can be a valuable support for any child of 5 to 11 years, whether they are developing and performing at expected level, are exceptionally gifted, or experiencing some form of learning or developmental difficulty.
When it comes to meditation, mindfulness, and sound healing, there is a huge body of peer-reviewed research available online that verifies the many benefits associated with it. We have included some examples in the research and resources section at the bottom of the page.
- To deliver 1 hour guided sound and meditation sessions for 5 to 11 year olds which will be fun, multisensory, and interactive.
- To introduce the children to the self-empowering techniques of meditation and sound, allowing them to find inner calm, and to enhance their creativity and joy.
- To give the children an opportunity to pause, breath and explore their imagination. Sound and meditation allow children to explore their thoughts and feelings, and to express them.
- To increase confidence and self-esteem, and to allow a child to express themselves more freely.
- To improve memory and concentration, and therefore the child’s ability to learn.
- To promote creativity.
- To bring about feelings of calm and inner peace.
- To help children with learning difficulties express themselves and feel calmer.
- The 5 to 11 year olds will take away from the sessions tips and techniques to maintain their sense of calm and inner peace, and empower them with coping mechanisms they can use on a daily and long-term basis.
- Due to the positive neural effects of sound and meditation, the 5 to 11 years olds may experience enhanced learning, concentration, and creativity.
- To bring about a sense of sharing and bonding within the group, which may enhance and develop friendships in general, and the class as a whole.
- To enhance the physical and mental wellbeing of the children.
To work with us at events, parties and within schools running sound healing and meditation programmes for children, please contact me at: email@example.com
Research and Resources